E-waste: A concern, an opportunity
Discarding electronic waste (e-waste) has become a major concern nowadays. An estimated quantity of 20 – 50 million tonnes of e-waste is generated globally every year. Do you know that it can be extremely dangerous for the environment, if not disposed properly?
Thanks to the optimum methods of e-waste recycling performed by Beetel - a Brightstar owned organization, which are helpful to recycle e-waste and make it reusable. Recycling process conserves the natural resources and reduces the negative effects of improperly disposed e-waste to the environment. It is requested to return your Beetel’s products for recycling when they reach the end of their useful life.
What can be recycled?
- Office e-waste, telephones, fax machines, copying equipment, electrical and electronic typewriters
- Fax machines, printers & cartridges, copying equipment, user terminals and systems
- E-waste generated while manufacturing equipment at the Beetel factory
- Products that have completed their lifespan & e-waste generated by service centres of Beetel
How it works
Each Beetel product comes with an instruction booklet containing the disposal process. You can look for the instructions below:
What does Wheelie Bin symbol mean?
The symbol describes don’t dispose your e-waste into the municipal waste collection bins because e-waste needs to be disposed in a special way.
How to dispose a product?
Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing our toll-free number: North India-1800-102-8632 , South India – 1800-843-3303 ,East India -1800-843-3301, West India-1800-843-3302. Our customer care representative will guide you about how to hand over the product for disposal. Beetel has tied up with 3R Recycler Private Limited to recycle the E waste as per government rules and regulations. Furthermore, it has also put up a green bin at its various locations to encourage people dispose e-waste aptly.
- Products offered for recycling are not eligible for exchange offers
- The service for recycling End-of-Life (EOL) products can be availed by consumers only for Beetel branded products.
- The service is available as per conditions applicable in respective area by recyclers
- Beetel reserves the right to modify / change any part of the program at any time at its sole discretion
- All disputes related to or arising out of this program are subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts in Gurgaon only
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers to handle your electronic products
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to Dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.